The backstage area is a set of WWW pages designed for the FDC mucker.
They include tutorials, FAQs and reference material. Each of the
sections below lists documents which may be useful for players with
varying degrees of Muck background. Everyone has a PLAYER flag, so that
information will be relevant to everyone. All permanent characters have
a BUILDER flag; if you are intending to build rooms or objects this
information is for you. If you are proficient at programming you may
apply for a MUCKER bit; the documentation here describes some of the
reference material you will find helpful.
For the Player
date (by Ariel)
- Local time for you and other players.
easter (by Ariel)
- Print the date of Easter Sunday.
events (by Ariel)
- Calendar of events.
private (by Ariel)
- Examine and set player privacy.
setnick (by VP_Imagineer)
- Set your character's nickname.
setsex (by Ariel)
- Set your character's gender.
uwho (by Ariel)
- Customise your list of connected players.
For the Builder
- Object Basics (by Ariel)
- An introduction to objects, and how to make them work for you.
- Object/Action Trickery (by Ariel)
- More information about using actions to make objects do fun
Speaker (by Ariel)
- Speak on behalf of someone else.
For the Mucker
- List of macros
- An annotated listing of macros defined for the Muck.
- da.bitlib.muf (by Ariel)
- Library of bitwise functions.
- da.heapsort.muf (by Ariel)
- Sort a list, using the heapsort algorithm.
- da.parsetime.muf (by Ariel)
- Turn "8:30 pm Tuesday" into a
- da.timelib.muf (by Ariel)
- Library of time functions.